Realism

Re: Realism

Postby spyyy » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:21 pm

@Tovarich , я кто такой?, ты олень кароч..., сам иди играй в counter strike, так и так ты игрок херовой.
^7WhatsMyName^1?
spyyy
Server Moderator

Postby Pvt.Pantzov » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:11 am

my opinion:

- camping snipers are easy to kill.
- the sprint is fine.
- the weapons are fine.

and compliments to BB, because he has made the bots so much better than they used to be. they used to just stupidly clump together and wait to be slaughtered.

when you go changing a mod just to make a few people happy, who will themselves probably move on in a couple of months, you risk losing long term loyal players who have stuck with you because they like the mod just the way it is (like me).
Pvt.Pantzov
Server Moderator

Postby Pvt.Pantzov » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:21 am

an additional thought:

people will always pressure you to make changes to the game which give them an advantage, based on their own playing style, whether they do it subconsciously or on purpose.

examples:

-an offensive player who likes SMG will pressure you to be hard on snipers.
-a player will pressure you to make weapons weaker which they themselves do not regularly use.
-people who are bad with nades will pressure you to remove nades.
etc... etc...

similar to what i wrote in the previous post, pandering to players who want you to alter the game in ways which will favor their own playing styles risks alienating regular players, the VAST MAJORITY of regular players, who are happy with things the way they are. I've seen this happen on other servers, including the original UN USA server, which was the top COD2 server in the world for three years for overall player numbers until an overzealous admin convinced the head admin to make changes to the server which completely killed it.
Pvt.Pantzov
Server Moderator

Postby BadBoy » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:25 am

Good read - although you don't have to worry about me being pressured into making drastic gameplay changes. I'd like to find a solution to the problem rather than changing/scrapping it. Hence why I suggested improving the anti-camp system so it can handle campers better rather than rebalancing weapons.

Also a side note, bots will function better than ever after the re-write is released ;)
BadBoy
Site Admin

Postby jajabinks » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:52 pm

it WAZ one of the best server i play on last years thil you make the last change whit theat stupid sprint mode ,theat waz a huge mistake ,here is the result of your "Realism sprint" they are runing like Jesus on cross

https://sendvid.com/v6pf4niz#
jajabinks

Postby TheLaw » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:51 pm

You talking about that bit near the end? If so, you should know first of all that that "jesus on cross" look isn't the intended effect - it's simply a glitch caused by adding the new sprinting third person animations.
TheLaw

Postby BarackStalin » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:50 pm

I think once the sprinting fix is incorporated there isn't much else to change, though I would like to see some of the custom maps on the regular servers (no bots are fine as the servers are usually pretty full of regular players and it's hard to get people onto the custom map server), and I wish I knew why point blank shots don't register for me ALOT and I have a low ping! So frustrating!! I wouldn't change the rifles..yeah they have a bit more power but you only have one shot compared to most people who are using the PPS42. The only camping fix is to put that message back on so people have to move, but there will always be campers with our without rifles.
BarackStalin
Server Moderator

Postby Pvt.Pantzov » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:31 am

heh heh , "like jesus on cross"... that's pretty funny.
Pvt.Pantzov
Server Moderator

Postby BarackStalin » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:20 am

It is funny looking...I remember seeing it on the test server before being released...wasn't sure I'd be able to kill anyone since I'd be laughing so hard watching them sprint.
BarackStalin
Server Moderator

Postby BadBoy » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:39 am

jajabinks wrote:it WAZ one of the best server i play on last years thil you make the last change whit theat stupid sprint mode ,theat waz a huge mistake ,here is the result of your "Realism sprint" they are runing like Jesus on cross

https://sendvid.com/v6pf4niz#

You're an idiot.

Yes, it sometimes bugs.
No, it wasn't a huge mistake.

Please provide constructive feedback or none at all.
BadBoy
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Call of Duty 2