New updates!

Server, website and mod update information.

New updates!

Postby Terminator » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:05 am

Hello,
We have new updates on the servers:

1- Added a time limit to score so as not to waste too much time on some maps that take a little longer to complete (voting on the next map will start when there are 5 minutes left if the score of 450 was not reached).

2- The server will check the teams and a bot will be added/kicked to allow the teams to balance in number.

3- Maximum player limit reduced to 32 to have stable pings.

Regards!

EDIT:
Anti-camping measures have been added to servers: players are allowed to camp in the same place for 45 seconds, they must move when the warning is displayed on the screen, if you don't, they will be killed after 15 seconds.
They are able to camp again at the first spot after 1 minute. If they try to use the same spot again before 1 minute expired, they will be killed after only 15 seconds.
|KinG|Cpt.Terminator
Terminator

Re: New updates!

Postby Mad Scientist » Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:02 pm

We all should thank the admin team for trying so hard to keep the servers a nice place to play! Thanks a lot Termi :D
Mad Scientist
Donator

Postby Terminator » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:07 pm

Thank you Mad!
Badboy deserves all the thanks btw.
|KinG|Cpt.Terminator
Terminator

Postby pedro01 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:52 pm

I like all, updates, what improve the game, give more happiness in our free time. But restriction for what? Not trench, and U r punished... More freedom, more hapiness. Really do not know, whats happening, Just because, the trench guys louder then the snipers? Im not crying, sy. but You are try to limit the gamers, how play these server in 2023. Im not alone with that issue.
just idea: Why not Choose one server, wher the guys can play trench mode, and can punish all campers, its ok, if You let the snipers play own game this year as well. One free game mode server supported. Could You pls. consider it, ty pedro
pedro01
Donator

Postby Terminator » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:54 pm

pedro01 wrote:I like all, updates, what improve the game, give more happiness in our free time. But restriction for what? Not trench, and U r punished... More freedom, more hapiness. Really do not know, whats happening, Just because, the trench guys louder then the snipers? Im not crying, sy. but You are try to limit the gamers, how play these server in 2023. Im not alone with that issue.
just idea: Why not Choose one server, wher the guys can play trench mode, and can punish all campers, its ok, if You let the snipers play own game this year as well. One free game mode server supported. Could You pls. consider it, ty pedro

Hi Amicoooo,
I really get your point, it's not the camp itself that bothers us, it's the people who abuse the camp and block certain parts of the maps and after that complaint when the admins warn them or kill them.
Additionally, camping is still possible as you only need to move a short distance from a camp each time the message appears on the screen.
Also, this is still a test and can be edited or removed when we find it doesn't work. And your contribution is welcome, we really need the feedback from our old and respectful players to know what could be changed in the future.
Best regards <3
|KinG|Cpt.Terminator
Terminator

Postby xullios » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:40 pm

I've tested out the new Update with an overnight sesh

It's very naice.....
No more hardcore 1 spot campers
So basically you can't sit in building now for longer than around a minute
which has envoked the proper play style somewhat which is more than good.
(head first rushing mayhem )

Map ROtations. WTF did .. nooo? Toujane is back in the rotation!!!!!! You beauty!!! It's all I wanted to play when we were stuck on Gobrats or in 'some kids bedroom' . I almost caught some bedbugs from them maps but later was told I was okay.

Loving the new maps and how we can vote !nom and !rtv are great .

Thankyou to all the people I've been playing with, I logged on to find some ToG players in my server,
If anybody doesn't know ToG they basically held the servers down while CoD2 was active (2005)

and were respected as the elder gamers but could definitely play a game or two.

I'm really pumped you guys are working on things, I was going to say I've got a few suggestions but the servers are great, almost perfect (Could chuck it on SnD for the hell of it [nostalgia inclining]

Also I thought of something hillarious, Considering the sprinting looks f*9% hillarious, I thought why not if we stole the Slide Cancel from one of the original later CODs, I mean CoD2 with slide Cancelling and sprinting no camping kar98k mahyhem is as the young ones say 'FIRE'
It wouldn't be much like CoD2 anymore, *I would be willing to pay for an extra server*

Then onto stealing the playerbase from MW2 with a CyberGamer Style Laddder (okay maybe I'm dreaming a little here)
some vanguard kar98k to keep you lads entertained on the main page.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc7CDA ... JP-4i0yVIQ

Great job Kings Clan you legends. The servers are in good hands.
xullios

New Update is Anti-Sniper

Postby Master_of_None » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:51 pm

Gents,

Thanks for hosting these games. I'm a long time fan and have previously donated to the cause.

I have to say, however, that I am very disappointed at the new "anti-camping" policy (killing off so-called "campers").

Sniping is a time-honored technique in real battle and realistic combat gaming. I hear people railing against "camping" all the time but I don't think it's anyone's business what approach a player chooses - on the one extreme sniping in place and laying in wait, or running/ducking/jumping, all the while assault rifle blazing! Both approaches, and everything in between, is valid.

Penalizing players who have found a favorable location and stance for picking off other players isn't cheating, or even inappropriate - it is combat after all and all in the name of fun. What next, remove sniper rifles from the armory?

And to those who say "you only have to move a little" - it's distracting no matter how much you have to move. When I'm nestled behind the sandbags on Omaha Beach waiting for the top of a helmet to break above the bunkers edge, I don't deserve to be annoyed that I'm going to die in 15 seconds if I don't foul my shot.

Please reconsider this particular change in the rules. Limiting players' options limits the fun, even if particular players don't share or appreciate another player's approach.
Master_of_None

Postby Terminator » Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:59 pm

Hi Master of None,
We care about the feedback from our players, thank you for your input, I understand your point of view.
Sniper rifles will not be removed, they are still useful even after anticamping restrictions.
We are always collecting feedback on new updates, we might reconsider if we see many players complaining.
Regards!
|KinG|Cpt.Terminator
Terminator

Postby Master_of_None » Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:13 pm

Terminator,

Thank you for the response.

KingClan has been about the only place I ever play COD2 for years, but these changes [anti-"camping"] have me looking elsewhere and sometimes just giving up entirely.

Moments ago I was ducking in and out of a doorway, picking off opponents, when the dreaded "You are Camping" alert popped up. Apparently I wasn't moving "enough" as far as the server was concerned - so I just quit the game.

I play COD for the enjoyment, but I'm sad to say this change has ruined the experience on KingClan.

I sincerely hope you roll back this change soon.
Master_of_None

Postby Col. Klink » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:36 pm

Personally I don’t think you can pick and choose specific details of this game and determine if it follows realistic military tactics. A video game that enables endless lives to be “reborn” onto the battlefield and continue the fight. Or locations that contain oversized refrigerators, ovens, stoves and bookcases. Not to mentioned A.I. bots that fight along side your Team as well as the opponents. Where do YOU draw the line in what would be considered a legitimate WWII battle experience? I particular don’t care for sniping, but have respect for the players that do. As servers, maps and players change, it may be necessary to revise your approach to helping your Team win.

I will be honest, I am guilty of taking advantage of particular locations that make spawning into the game for the opponent very difficult (specifically RATS maps). That being said, I have also been on the receiving end, and it can be very frustrating. Haven’t we all, at one time or another, experienced either of these situations?

Is there a compromise? Can a spawn protection of 2-3 seconds be instituted to weed out the spawn killing but still allow snipers their nest?

Ultimately we are here to step away from our hectic wives (sorry, I mean lives…..) and have a few moments of fun with friends in a game we love. Either with or without the slay, I will continue to spend my time on the fairest and best servers around, the King Clan Servers.

Col. “my 2 cents” Klink
Col. Klink
Server Moderator

Return to News