Latest release

Server, website and mod update information.

Latest release

Postby Pvt.Pantzov » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:57 pm

Can anyone tell me what is in the latest release for the mod? I autodownloaded it today, Sept 20.
Pvt.Pantzov
Server Moderator

Re: Latest release

Postby Terminator » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:03 pm

The new release:
For players:
- Every player has to add e-mail adress to his game acount, he can change his password which will be sent to the mail he gave.
- When signing in, every new player must write his e-mail adress to create a new acount, this will make creating acounts more secure and more difficult, especially for ban evaders.
- impossible acount sharing
*For bots: bots are strengthened and more skilled.
*For admins:
New admin panel giving good tools for admins:
- Remote kick/ ban/mute: admins can do it on players in other servers without logging in the same server as the cheater (u can mute or ban a player in eur3 while u are in us1)
- ban/unban for players offline
- u can have all the information about players: ID, IP adress, rank, who banned him last and the reason he was banned for etc.
|KinG|Cpt.Terminator
Terminator

Postby BadBoy » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:11 am

The entire login menu was redone, it's completely client-side now. This means every action you perform in the login menu should be instant. No more slight delay when typing your password or changing the autologin checkbox. I believe it's now the most advanced login menu ever made for CoD2.
There is now a "Remember me?" checkbox in the login menu, which forgets your login credentials if left unticked. This is useful for those playing from a public computer, because the next person to use it won't be able to login to your account without knowing your username & password.
Added a few new custom fonts, mainly for the new login system (I had to make a custom font just for the password field, so that every character you type would appear as *******). Certain text should be much more clearer and better looking.
The donate menu has been replaced with a reset account password menu.
The admin menu has been introduced, however it's not finished and is still buggy. It's good enough for release though, which i decided to do because this update (Over 3 years in the making) is taking too long.
Bots are less dumb and more accurate. Bots will also crouch at the correct speed and you can no longer walk up behind them anymore.
Mutes are now also IP based, so switching accounts to avoid a mute is no longer possible.
Cross server punishments is working, meaning you can ban/tempban/mute while in a different server.
Under the hood, a lot of things can now easily be toggled by changing a cvar such as cookable nades, force autoassign, disable bot spec plus a lot more. This is in preparation for the S&D gamemode.
The S&D gamemode is playable but very likely riddled with bugs so we're not going to release a S&D server yet.

Probably missed a lot of stuff but that's what i can remember off the top of my head.
BadBoy
Site Admin

Postby |KinG|X-X » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:11 am

This sounds fantastic. I can't wait to check ot out !
|KinG|X-X
Server Moderator

Postby Terminator » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:16 am

Thank u for the effort to make servers more modern and more attractive. Its really a very good job.
|KinG|Cpt.Terminator
Terminator

Postby |KinG|X-X » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:43 pm

Great new tools to work with. Awesome work badboy. Thank you for the useful tools!
|KinG|X-X
Server Moderator

Postby Pvt.Pantzov » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:34 am

Thanks for the replies BB and Termi.

I have been wanting the cross-server kick/mute option for a long time so that's great to see. I look forward to trying it all out, hopefully later tonight!

Thanks for keeping your interest in this old game BB and all the rest of you who support it as well!
Pvt.Pantzov
Server Moderator

Postby Pvt.Pantzov » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:54 pm

Just a little feedback.

When clicking on the PLAYER LIST, then highlighting a selected player, and then clicking on the ADMIN PANEL, it lags/ time outs the server for about 5 seconds. This happens each time I select a new player from the list and then click the admin panel. It is server side as appears to time out every player on the server. I tested it on a few different players just to be sure and the server was EU1. Hopefully my wording in this post makes sense.
Pvt.Pantzov
Server Moderator

Postby Pvt.Pantzov » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:58 pm

Maybe I just have a really good connection tonight but seems that somehow the game play is smoother. Really nice.

I also really notice what you mentioned about there being no more lag in the displays and text. Again, very nice.
Pvt.Pantzov
Server Moderator

Postby BadBoy » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:00 am

Just rolled out these bug fixes;

Votemute should be working again (Untested).
!mute command should be working again (Untested).
!mute command will also ban the IP address (Untested).
!mute command now requires the admin to supply a reason (Untested).
None of the cross-server punishment features were working (mute, ban, kick etc), that has been fixed.
Fixed a separate issue with cross-server mutes not working.
Admins can more easily track abusive donors. (Untested).

Forgot to mention in the previous posts that permanent mute is now a thing.
BadBoy
Site Admin

Next

Return to News