Changelog - Discussion

The hub for everything related to |KinG| and our servers.

Re: Changelog - Discussion

Postby Pvt.Pantzov » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:59 pm

did it a couple times tonight.
Pvt.Pantzov
Server Moderator

Postby dunstan » Wed May 06, 2015 2:14 pm

Hopefully fixed players getting damaged/killed after spawning. Need confirmation!

unfortunately, it is not! mostly at MeatBot servers.
thanx
dunstan

Postby dunstan » Wed May 06, 2015 2:19 pm

oh..sorry, I didn't notice the previous complaints about it :?
dunstan

Postby BadBoy » Wed May 06, 2015 11:20 pm

dunstan wrote:oh..sorry, I didn't notice the previous complaints about it :?

No problem, thank you for responding anyway.
BadBoy
Site Admin

Postby Pvt.Pantzov » Sun May 10, 2015 5:04 am

unfortunately it's still doing the spawn death bug. it's way better than it used to be though. it happens maybe about once every few maps...
Pvt.Pantzov
Server Moderator

Postby Pvt.Pantzov » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:59 am

what does it mean when you mention "hooking player ranks" in your latest update?
Pvt.Pantzov
Server Moderator

Postby BadBoy » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:29 pm

So we have finally released the re-write and have had a day to iron out any obvious bugs. I'v had to fix about 5-6 bugs but besides that we had a pretty smooth launch.

Please report here if you find any more bugs.

Currently these are the bugs I know of;
Server stats in the in-game menu are not being updated.
Sometimes the server fails to correctly play the sprint animation (No idea why yet).
On certain maps bots will not play the climb ladder animation correctly.
If the player you are spectating dies it will not automatically spectate them when they spawn.
EU Custom map main menu server IP is incorrect.
Using !launch may bug a player causing him to become invincible and unable to kick.
Incorrectly using !mute & !tempban will cause an infinite loop and lag the server for 5 seconds.
Forgot to add chat advertising/reminders.
When calling a vote, if a player reconnects he may be able to vote again.
Death sounds/voices are missing.
Players are able to !rtv multiple times.
BadBoy
Site Admin

Postby Pvt.Pantzov » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:53 am

here are some critiques.

on US1, GOB Rats is still not available as a vote option.

something has been tweaked with the bot spawning, and they are tending to spawn in huge clusters from the same spot.

also, the spawn protection on the bots allows them to kill you while still remaining invincible for that short time after they spawn. this means you potentially get owned any time you are near a bot spawn area. it's especially an issue on small maps.

there is a strange bug that didn't previously exist where if you try to sprint immediately after spawn, it does not allow you to sprint for at least a couple seconds, which results in you being killed much more often if you are in a spawn-rape type of situation.

not trying to be negative, just give some feedback. the server is still great, the best in COD2.
Pvt.Pantzov
Server Moderator

Postby BadBoy » Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:09 am

Pvt.Pantzov wrote:on US1, GOB Rats is still not available as a vote option.

I believe I was told that it was the All Weapons server missing the map. I didn't know the meatbot server was missing it too. I will look into it further.

Pvt.Pantzov wrote:something has been tweaked with the bot spawning, and they are tending to spawn in huge clusters from the same spot.

I have noticed this too and am planning on fixing. We updated the spawn logic to the 1.3 version which I believe is the cause so we will be reverting it back to the 1.0 code.

Pvt.Pantzov wrote:also, the spawn protection on the bots allows them to kill you while still remaining invincible for that short time after they spawn. this means you potentially get owned any time you are near a bot spawn area. it's especially an issue on small maps.

Right now spawn protection is being used as a "hotfix" for another bug, which you should be familiar with. That bug was the one where you died immediately after spawning for no reason. Until I can fix that bug properly - spawn protection stays.

Pvt.Pantzov wrote:there is a strange bug that didn't previously exist where if you try to sprint immediately after spawn, it does not allow you to sprint for at least a couple seconds, which results in you being killed much more often if you are in a spawn-rape type of situation.

Are you sure you're not standing on a weapon? Sprinting is disabled while the "Use F to pickup weapon" dialogue is on the screen. This is to prevent accidental weapon pickups while sprinting. Once you move off the weapon it should start sprinting immediately. Hence why it seem to be delayed.
BadBoy
Site Admin

Postby Pvt.Pantzov » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:44 pm

yes, the situations in which I could not sprint were in spawn situations where we were getting slaughtered right at the spawn point, so there probably are many weapons lying around the immediate area. between accidentally picking up a weapon while sprinting and repeatedly dying because you can't get away from a spawn rape quickly, dying is worse, however I guess I can understand the reasoning from a developer's point of view.

as for the spawn protection, again I understand the reasoning as a developer, but the number of deaths at the hands of invincible spawning bots exceeds the relatively few number of times during a session that one experiences the death-at-spawn bug, and I respectfully request for you to reconsider (if the ultimate goal is prevent "unfair" deaths). I know that the spawn death bug has annoyed you so I might be wasting my time, but there's never any harm in asking.
Pvt.Pantzov
Server Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion