Changelog - Discussion

The hub for everything related to |KinG| and our servers.

Re: Changelog - Discussion

Postby BadBoy » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:27 am

Pvt.Pantzov wrote:yes, the situations in which I could not sprint were in spawn situations where we were getting slaughtered right at the spawn point, so there probably are many weapons lying around the immediate area. between accidentally picking up a weapon while sprinting and repeatedly dying because you can't get away from a spawn rape quickly, dying is worse, however I guess I can understand the reasoning from a developer's point of view.

Have you thought this through? The only way for me to fix what you are describing (Besides using a different key to sprint) is to completely remove/disable weapon pickup/drops.

Pvt.Pantzov wrote:as for the spawn protection, again I understand the reasoning as a developer, but the number of deaths at the hands of invincible spawning bots exceeds the relatively few number of times during a session that one experiences the death-at-spawn bug, and I respectfully request for you to reconsider (if the ultimate goal is prevent "unfair" deaths). I know that the spawn death bug has annoyed you so I might be wasting my time, but there's never any harm in asking.

Spawn protection is not intended to be a permanent feature and will be removed once I have fixed the bug it is required for.
BadBoy
Site Admin

Postby BadBoy » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:26 am

BadBoy wrote:Reverted spawn logic code (Should fix some spawn traps).
Removed spawn protection
Fixed bug where you die instantly after spawning (Need confirmation)
Fixed US meatbot 1.0 missing gob_rats

Please leave feedback whether sometimes players die after spawning.
BadBoy
Site Admin

Postby Pvt.Pantzov » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:26 am

thanks for responding and addressing my points. obviously I would choose to keep weapon drops. that's a huge part of my game. in the past, it was okay to accidentally pick up a weapon every once in a while when you tried to sprint, but it's okay. I appreciate that you are doing what you can to make things run smoothly.

I'll be in there tonight for a while playing and i'll give any feedback, including if I die from the spawn death bug.

again, I appreciate not only that you answered my concerns, but also that you went in straight away and made changes. nice work dude!
Pvt.Pantzov
Server Moderator

Postby BadBoy » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:12 am

Pvt.Pantzov wrote:it was okay to accidentally pick up a weapon every once in a while when you tried to sprint

During the first week of our big update, I received many complaints about accidental weapon pickup. So much that those complaining declared I had ruined the mod and would rather I reverted back to the old version. I received these comments from multiple people at different times. Of course - I listened and fixed the issue. But my point is that the majority of people dislike accidentally picking up weapons and I agree with them.

Pvt.Pantzov wrote:again, I appreciate not only that you answered my concerns, but also that you went in straight away and made changes. nice work dude!

Just doing my role.
BadBoy
Site Admin

Postby Pvt.Pantzov » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:12 pm

I wasn't sure what i'd think of the hands animation when sprinting but it turns out i really like it. definitely a nice idea.
Pvt.Pantzov
Server Moderator

Postby FlowerPower » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:33 pm

I can see trough walls , obstacles and bushes sometimes, not normal i guess? began recently...
FlowerPower

Postby BadBoy » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:57 am

FlowerPower wrote:I can see trough walls , obstacles and bushes sometimes, not normal i guess? began recently...

Sounds like a glitch on your side. Never experienced that issue. Just curious - do you have SLI enabled?
BadBoy
Site Admin

Postby FlowerPower » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:15 am

BadBoy wrote:
FlowerPower wrote:I can see trough walls , obstacles and bushes sometimes, not normal i guess? began recently...

Sounds like a glitch on your side. Never experienced that issue. Just curious - do you have SLI enabled?

No SLI is not on ...
FlowerPower

Postby Pvt.Pantzov » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:07 am

Hi, the latest release is not working, as far as I can tell, for anyone... and for the first time since I've checked here, this forum has been offline. what's up? some nasty stuff going on?
Pvt.Pantzov
Server Moderator

Postby SyED » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:18 am

working fine on my side, but servers disconnect and forum down maybe ddos or something other going on?
SyED
Server Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion