Irritating Mods

The hub for everything related to |KinG| and our servers.

Irritating Mods

Postby joshtwells » Thu May 09, 2019 4:49 pm

Hi All,

My name is Josh, and I play under the username of Leading. I bought a new laptop about six months ago, and I have had some much trouble setting everything up - and a lack of time - which is why I've been so absent.

I love playing on these servers, my new PC doesn't have a disk drive, so I've had to buy COD2 through Steam. I am used to playing the 1.0 servers, but with the Steam download, I have to use 1.3 servers.

I accidentally clicked on another server one day, completely unaware of my error, and it has changed the background image of the main menu and plays this awful music.

I don't know how to get rid of this mod, so could anyone help me out of this pickle? I want to get back into playing on <CrackedMeatbot> servers again!

Josh
joshtwells

Re: Irritating Mods

Postby HomerS » Thu May 09, 2019 5:00 pm

One day when I tried playing on one of the Sparta servers, the same thing happened to me. I looked in my Cod2 game folders for files that were added or changed at the time that I did that, and I saw there was a new file named

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Z.iwd

I moved that file to the Docs folder within the CallOfDuty2 folder (in case it ended up being a file that was really needed), restarted, and everything was as it was before. This may not be the file that is causing this behavior in your case, so look for files dated on the date this bad behavior started in the CallOfDuty2 top game folder or in the Main subfolder under it, and try moving them elsewhere and restarting Subsequent restarts may have updated the offending file, so you may have to try this with more currently dated files also.

Since this happened and I straightened it out, I have made a complete copy of the folder into another location with BackUp appended to the name (CallOfDuty2BackUp) so that if it happens again, all I have to do is delete the original folder and rename the backup to be the active folder.
HomerS
Server Moderator

Postby joshtwells » Thu May 09, 2019 6:19 pm

Thanks, I'll do a bit of digging around!
joshtwells

Postby Just_iN » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:29 pm

This is maybe 2 late but, there are _z _zzz files in your cod folder. Delete them and next time u connect to this, it will download only this mode again and get back the picture u had on it.
Just_iN
Donator

Return to Discussion