Dumb Questions

The hub for everything related to |KinG| and our servers.

Dumb Questions

Postby Fuzzy Dunlop » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:25 am

Hi all,
I'm an older player who found FPS late in life. I played COD1 until my favorite server died. I tried COD2 and found these servers. I have been glad to find some friendly players (h/t Ray, Terminator, X-X in particular).
I'm a mediocre player and play just for fun. I play wireless on a MacBook so you can see I'm not too hard-core, but for my questions it may help to know that I'm on a Mac. I know these are dumb questions, but please humor (and help) me anyway.
I have been confused by the servers. This is "King-Clan", I guess. But when I pull up the server list, there is no king-clan. The server I connect to is in my favorites. It is called "Cracked-Meatbo". This is apparently the US1 server (I've been told this, but nothing I see tells me so). I have another server in my favorites that is also "Cracked" and I think is the EU3 server. I can't see any other related servers.
So what is the relation between King-Clan and Cracked? Why don't I see king-clan servers?
Thanks.
Fuzzy Dunlop
Donator

Re: Dumb Questions

Postby HomerS » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:56 am

Hi Fuzzy,

Not dumb questions at all. King Clan is the name that the founder and owner, Badboy, gave to the clan, and to the website forum. The Cracked Meatobot gameservers are run by Badboy as an extension of the King Clan. In fact, this website is hosted by the same server as one of the Cracked Meatbot servers. I am guessing that the name Cracked Meatbots has something to do with the fact that Badboy uses bots to fill in when there are an insufficient number of human players.

There are several different Cracked Meatbot servers playing separate games, although, you can see player chat from all the servers on each one. There are servers running Cod2 version 1.0 and Cod2 version 1.3. You can have both versions installed on your computer by installing them in separate game folders. That way you can play either.

Badboy just merged two of of the gameservers together, but I think there are 5 or 6. At this post, you can see the IP address for each one:

https://king-clan.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6124

Once you get to one of the servers in a given version, you can get to the others in that same version by hitting the Esc key, then using the scrollbar to view the others, and hit Connect to connect to it. The reason you cannot see the other servers in the master list is because the company that services the master list stopped doing so. You can always use the connect console command with the IP to go straight to one of them.

By the way, Terminator and I are admins, so if you run into any difficulties, you can call for one of us. It is easier to do that if you click on the Chat forum, which gives you access to the realtime forum chat and keeps the messages scrolling there.

Now that I have spend the time responding to your questions, can you add me to your list of friendly players alongside Ray, Terminator, and X-X?
HomerS
Server Moderator

Postby Fuzzy Dunlop » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:55 pm

HomerS,
Thanks very much for this. Yes, you are now high on the list of "friendly players"!
The list of IP addresses is especially helpful. My in-game server list is now blank, which I take it is because the company stopped supporting the master list. That's a shame, as it makes it impossible to locate new servers, but since I only play on the servers in the list that you link to, I will just keep doing that. I can't make the trick with the escape key work (a Mac thing?) and it won't save favorites either, so I guess I will just have type in the IP addresses. A small annoyance.
Thanks again for the response and the offer of further help. I'll probably need it :)
Fuzzy Dunlop
Fuzzy Dunlop
Donator

Postby HomerS » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:57 pm

Fuzzy,

You need to use the Esc key to get to the Cod2 console. There are many available commands you have access to once you can get to the console.

If there are things that you cannot do with the Mac, an option is for you to install Bootcamp on your Mac. Bootcamp is free with the Mac operating system. Bootcamp lets you partition your hard drive into separate Mac and Windows sections. You would have to acquire a copy of the Windows operating system to install. Once installed, you have to restart the Mac to switch between the operating systems. When you are using the Windows partition, your Mac looks, feels, and behaves like a Windows PC in every way. My daughter has a Macbook, is an architect, and needed to run Windows for one of her main architecture design apps, Revit. When she was a student, there were times when Revit actually ran better on her Windows Bootcamped Macbook than it did on her classmates' PCs. So, if Cod2 runs better on Windows than the Mac OS, and if you have other apps which need Windows, you might consider this.
HomerS
Server Moderator

Postby Fuzzy Dunlop » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:19 pm

Thanks again. I did figure out how to get <esc> to work to get to the other servers. It was just appearing where I wasn't looking for it.
I know about bootcamp, but then I'd have to use Windows, which I avoid if at all possible :)
Fuzzy Dunlop
Donator

Return to Discussion