What's causing this delay?

The hub for everything related to |KinG| and our servers.

Postby Fuzzy Dunlop » Sun May 24, 2020 1:14 pm

I use a computer for work all day, every day, but I don't pay much attention to tech stuff. I'm experiencing a weird effect in the game and wonder if anyone can diagnose it.

When I hit "Run" it sometimes takes a second or more for me to start running. It doesn't happen all the time. When it does, I am often trying to get away from a fight to reload. By the time I start running, I am dead. Is this the game itself, my internet connection (which is generally very good with ping < 50) or maybe my hardware (2018 MacBook Pro with Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB. Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 M). It also sometimes noticeably slow to raise my weapon to aim down the sight. The other player can raise his weapon and fire before I can raise mine. I'm old, and don't have the best reflexes, but it at least *looks* like I saw him before he saw me.
Fuzzy Dunlop
Donator

Re: What's causing this delay?

Postby Terminator » Sun May 24, 2020 3:46 pm

Hi Fuzzy,
This delay is mainly caused by wrong settings. check your graphic settings and your fps.
|KinG|Cpt.Terminator
Terminator

Postby Fuzzy Dunlop » Sun May 24, 2020 4:33 pm

I'm using settings from when I played COD1
Com_maxfps 333
Snaps 30
If these are right or wrong, or If there is something else I should set, I do not know abut it.
I don't think there is any way to change the graphics card settings on a Mac, other than to tell it to always use the better of the 2 graphics cards.
Fuzzy Dunlop
Donator

Postby Talek » Sun May 24, 2020 5:31 pm

This can be caused by many things. As Termi says, you can try to change the graphics settings, Termi probably means the game's graphics settings, not the graphics card itself. You can find the game graphics settings in the main menu -> options -> graphics. If you get there, things will appear in the left panel that you can change, such as the resolution of the game or the refresh rate. At the very bottom you have the texture settings, where you can set the quality of the graphics in the game as the texture quality or texture resolution.

However, the delay does not have to be caused by this. I'm more than sure it's not caused by having a "weak" computer either, as you have good hardware in it (Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB is good enough to run almost everything). The problem may be that the game does not run via Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB, but the second integrated graphics Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 M, which theoretically no longer can handle the game. I also solved this problem with my laptop, where I also have two graphics cards, one dedicated and one integrated, just like you. Downloading the latest graphics card drivers has resolved the issue. But I have no idea how these things are handled on MacOS. If I come up with something, I'll write it here.

Good luck!
|KinG|Sgt.Talek
Talek

Postby |KinG|X-X » Tue May 26, 2020 10:37 am

sometimes the delay is caused by too many weapons at your feet as you spawn. this usually happens when someone farming the spawn point.
|KinG|X-X
Server Moderator

Postby BarackStalin » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:38 pm

Getting old so the memory isn't as good as it used to be, but it seems that sprint issue started a few years back when Badboy was changing the sprint models....he could have updated them so they're fixed by now...I get those same delays from time to time
BarackStalin
Server Moderator

Postby BarackStalin » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:38 pm

Getting old so the memory isn't as good as it used to be, but it seems that sprint issue started a few years back when Badboy was changing the sprint models....he could have updated them so they're fixed by now...I get those same delays from time to time
BarackStalin
Server Moderator

Postby newuser27 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:08 pm

I've had the same delay in running and aiming since I started playing COD online, and thought it was just an inherent delay in the server and my internet connection. No matter which computer I use, the delay is always there. All my video drivers are up to date, so there must be something else that's causing this. In the mean time, I've found that if I jump, it will get me running sooner.
newuser27
Donator

Return to Discussion