Evading the loss!!

The hub for everything related to |KinG| and our servers.

Evading the loss!!

Postby Terminator » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:53 pm

Hi All,
We noticed that several players leave the losing team, either by leaving the game, or by moving to spect ...
This behavior negatively influences the game, and we see matches ending in 15 against 8 or 7. In addition, it is unfair for those who decided to finish the duel until the end.
Imagine a football team where the players started to leave when they felt they were going to lose and the match ended with 11 players for the winning team against only the goalkeeper of the losing team !!!
I was tired of explaining it in the game chat, which is why I wrote here to inform you that it is against the rules to leave the losing team and that the admins team will monitor this behavior.
Please do not evade the loss, to enjoy the game, and thank you for your understanding.
Best regards.
|KinG|Cpt.Terminator
Terminator

Re: Evading the loss!!

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:01 am

Hi Termi. Thanks for the clarification. But there are times that players have to leave the game because sth urgent has happened or maybe sth stops them from playing. How would u respond if sb had to leave while his team was loosing the game?
Mad Scientist
Donator

Postby Terminator » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:33 am

Mad Scientist wrote:Hi Termi. Thanks for the clarification. But there are times that players have to leave the game because sth urgent has happened or maybe sth stops them from playing. How would u respond if sb had to leave while his team was loosing the game?

Of course this happens, we only discuss or warn players doing it every time they lose and every day.
|KinG|Cpt.Terminator
Terminator

Postby Fuzzy Dunlop » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:02 pm

I am sometimes called away by work, spouse, dog, etc. I have quit in frustration over lag. It's frustrating when your team is down 500 to 200, but I don't think I've ever quit because of it.

I've seen a (botless) server that automatically rebalances the teams when they become lopsided. Is that an option? If you didn't want to do it to human players, could you at least reassign the bots to balance the teams?
Fuzzy Dunlop
Donator

Postby Terminator » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:11 pm

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:I am sometimes called away by work, spouse, dog, etc. I have quit in frustration over lag. It's frustrating when your team is down 500 to 200, but I don't think I've ever quit because of it.

I've seen a (botless) server that automatically rebalances the teams when they become lopsided. Is that an option? If you didn't want to do it to human players, could you at least reassign the bots to balance the teams?

Team autobalance is unfair. You contribute to the victory of your team and you suddenly find yourself in the losing team.
And prematurely evading the loss inflates the W/L ratio and you'll have high "fake" stats compared to the people who always finish their games.
|KinG|Cpt.Terminator
Terminator

Postby Fuzzy Dunlop » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:22 pm

delete me!

This was an accidental duplicate message that I can edit but cannot see how to delete. Sorry.
Fuzzy Dunlop
Donator

Postby Terminator » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:50 pm

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:delete me!

This was an accidental duplicate message that I can edit but cannot see how to delete. Sorry.

Deleted, No worries :)
|KinG|Cpt.Terminator
Terminator

Postby Fuzzy Dunlop » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:00 am

Haha. You deleted the post and kept the duplicate. Well played.
But....it's still a serious question. Autobalancing by moving only the bots would not be unfair, would it? Or is that just not possible?

Also, where are these stats of which you speak. Every once in a while I get "promoted" in rank, which I assume just means that I have spent enough time to rack up more kills, but doesn't say anything about how good or bad I am. Not that I care too much...I play for fun, but it would be interesting to see.
Fuzzy Dunlop
Donator

Postby Terminator » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:21 am

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:Haha. You deleted the post and kept the duplicate. Well played.
But....it's still a serious question. Autobalancing by moving only the bots would not be unfair, would it? Or is that just not possible?

Also, where are these stats of which you speak. Every once in a while I get "promoted" in rank, which I assume just means that I have spent enough time to rack up more kills, but doesn't say anything about how good or bad I am. Not that I care too much...I play for fun, but it would be interesting to see.

I kept the duplicate to show that I didn't deleted the post to censor you :)
Regarding adding bots to balance: with automatic allocation at the start, the number of humans will be balanced in both teams. And when the players leave the losing team, and we will add bots, there will always be more human players in the winning team which will lead to the same result at the end.
|KinG|Cpt.Terminator
Terminator

Postby Don King Miguele » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:49 pm

i have three children and because of corona i do homework office..its not possible always to stay by the game..i am playing over years fair on this server..to ban me is shit. I am disappointed by terminator.
Don King Miguele

Next

Return to Discussion