spawn killing

The hub for everything related to |KinG| and our servers.

spawn killing

Postby newuser27 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:30 pm

Is there any way to have the spawn sites change more often or change the existing spawn sites on the older maps? I have noticed players are running up to the spawn sites and camping there to do a lot of spawn killing. It seems a lot of people are concentrating more on spawn killing rather than moving. I have about 1/3 of my deaths from being spawn killed on maps like Caretan and some of the older maps.
newuser27
Donator

Re: spawn killing

Postby Terminator » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:52 pm

Hi CanadaEH,
The spawns could be changed, but that won't fix the issue. Spawn rotation is controlled by a spawn code, that calculates the average position of players on a team, so if the team is camping at the spawn site, they will be in the same position longer and the enemy will spot them easily.
The only way to avoid spawn trapping is to move and attack spawn campers, to give other players the chance to spawn safely, and to be in a different spawn the next time they die.
You've noticed the problem with the stock maps, and that's because most players know where the spawns are, and also because we've dealt with the spawns on most of the custom maps we've added (btw the spawn trapping in draguignan was fixed and the map will be updated soon). And several maps weren't added due to the spawn trapping issue.
|KinG|Cpt.Terminator
Terminator

Postby newuser27 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:51 pm

Thanks for the reply. If the spawn code determines the spawn site based on the positions of players on the team, it's a vicious cycle. Players get killed in large numbers at the spawn site, so the spawn site doesn't change since almost everyone is being killed at the spawn site. I guess if the spawn site were to change regularly, players will eventually figure out where the next spawn site is and camp out at the new site when it changes. It's frustrating to get killed right after spawning and not even having a chance to move.
newuser27
Donator

Postby Terminator » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:08 pm

When a spawn is exterminated and no player remains in it, it changes, you can see it when you watch the games
|KinG|Cpt.Terminator
Terminator

Postby Old Man 65 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:24 pm

What would work better for spawn killing if if you could put a timer like 5 seconds before you can get killed. That way you can run out of spawn before getting killed instantly. If you can set to where if the person that spawned fires their weapon then all bets are off and then can be killed. I appreciate the work you guys are doing with the servers.
Old Man 65

Postby Old Man 65 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:29 am

People are still spawn killing on most of the maps. The camping isn't much better even with the new enforcement. Oh well. I guess it is what it is.
Old Man 65

Return to Discussion