"Server Disconnected" msg when attempting to join...

The hub for everything related to |KinG| and our servers.

"Server Disconnected" msg when attempting to join...

Postby Pvt. Ryan » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:19 am

I'm trying to play on the King Bot servers with a friend but every time we try to join, I can join normally without problems but he gets kicked back out after the 'Awaiting Challenge' msg with a msg that simply reads 'Server Disconnected'. Can someone tell me why this could be happening and how to fix it? Is there a log file I can find somewhere with more info?

For more info about his connection - He's playing on my laptop, and it's just a normal wifi connection without anything weird like an active VPN. Another friend can play on the same wifi signal, on his own PC just fine, btw. Obviously the problem is on my end, but I have no idea what it is. Are there any restrictions to the King Bot servers that could block a connection like this? His ping is no better or worse than mine, btw, so I don't think it's that.

I am very drunk and plan to remind so until I pass out. I apologize if my questions are silly.
Pvt. Ryan
Donator

Re: "Server Disconnected" msg when attempting to join...

Postby Terminator » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:09 am

Hi,
Have you played on other servers lately? If so, you should remove other mods from servers as they may conflict with our kingbot mod.
xCapture.JPG
xCapture.JPG (29.06 KiB) Viewed 8820 times

If that doesn't work, also delete the kingbot folder and try again.
|KinG|Cpt.Terminator
Terminator

Postby Pvt. Ryan » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:22 am

I should clairify. Completely fresh and clean install on laptop of CoD2( iso from archive.org - if this is problem I will purchase copy, don't ban me plz ). I ran the game once to set default .cfg. Ran again, tried to connect to King and get "Server Disconnected" msg. Copied my kingbot folder from other PC(minus player specific .cfg files) to laptop and same result. Tried with/without my kingbot folder multiple times and same result.

Other servers either work fine - or get "...low ping only" msgs.( ping on laptop is roughly same for me on PCs ).
Pvt. Ryan
Donator

Postby Terminator » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:31 am

This is an issue at your end, could be caused by many factors. I will send you, in a private message, installation files that were tested and working. uninstall the current version you have and also delete all the mods installed.
|KinG|Cpt.Terminator
Terminator

Postby Pvt. Ryan » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:23 am

Brought the CD version of Call of Duty 2 Game of the Year Edition last week, it arrived today. Haven't installed it on the laptop yet though as I'm upgrading the drive to an SSD and I'm waiting for the drive to finish cloning. Hopefully everything will go smooth.
Pvt. Ryan
Donator

Postby Pvt. Ryan » Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:10 am

Installed CoD2 GOTY on one of my PCs - and the laptop my friend is borrowing(Six CDs 0_o !), patched it to v1.3, just tried a match on the 1.3 server and everything seems tip top. :)
Pvt. Ryan
Donator

Postby Pvt. Ryan » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:38 am

BTW, I found a fix for this. Another friend, who goes by Xenomyth, started having problems with no servers appearing in the masterlist, however he still had a few servers in his favorites list that he could see but got the "Sever Disconnected" msg when attempting to join them. After digging around for some time I found this fix and it works great!: https://steamcommunity.com/app/2630/dis ... 252089477/

( linked from a post on gametracker here: https://www.gametracker.com/games/cod2/ ... ead=151393 )

Edit: Interestingly, he also started having the exact same problem in CoD4MW around the same time, however, in MW he CAN join the servers in his favorites list - which are the only ones he can see. Not sure if this is still happening to him in MW as he doesn't play any CoDs much anyway.
Pvt. Ryan
Donator

Return to Discussion