Gameplay styles - share your method

The hub for everything related to |KinG| and our servers.

Gameplay styles - share your method

Postby vamelis » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:32 pm

Hi everyone,

Some of us play for fun and others take it a little more seriously. Either way, you probably have tricks or tips you use to get the upper hand in game.

After being called a cheater, I thought I would share what I do the get a high score:

1. Volume muted. I find audio to be distracting and rely completely on visuals. I've heard of people having "good headphones" too, if you want to hear footsteps and battle sounds.
2. Map awareness. Know the sightlines and be careful not to walk casually across them. Instead lean out of a corner and if its clear, sprint or strafe across. ALSO, watch your radar to guide you to flanking positions.
3. Reload in cover. Save yourself respawn time by hiding while you reload.
4. Hit the floor! When you engage someone, dont just stand there! Lay down to give them a smaller target and increase your accuracy.

These simple habits will make your Kill/Death ratio soar, I guarantee it. Before you know it, you too can be called a hacker.

Let me know what you think and what you do to make the other guy smash his keyboard :lol:

Vam
vamelis
Donator

Re: Gameplay styles - share your method

Postby TheLaw » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:29 am

I just randomly run around quickscoping with a scoped Enfield. Works fine for me. :D
TheLaw

Postby BadBoy » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:01 am

Re 1.;

I find that having sound + decent headphones are a must especially for gametypes such as S&D. You can hear footsteps and get a gauge on where they are.

Also if sniping; Don't camp in the same spot for long periods of time. I like to find a spot, kill a few then move to a new nest.

Grenades. Use them. Guarantee kills.

For the best tactical advantage, run the game in DX7 mode rather than DX9 due to bushes being easier to see through/low rendering distance.

Keep yo ass moving. Many times I get in a duel with another player and they stop moving, making an easy target.
BadBoy
Site Admin

Postby vamelis » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:08 am

TheLaw, when I hear quickscope, I hear dubstep music lol.

Badboy, grenades definitely help keep the feet moving lol!
Didn't know about the DX7 thing.
vamelis
Donator

Postby SyED » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:32 am

i dont hv a good pc so i use dx7 for better fps.
i love to play using kar98 , but using headphones , better fps and good ping really matters.
SyED
Server Moderator

Postby spyyy » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:55 pm

Hi Vamelis . Nice tips , But you forgot to mention two things , its Very important for high score k/d ratio etc.. Its A good Pc, and reaction. Then Headphones and other things.. I purchased a good pc and game become much better than before , i was on 40fps before and now its 250+ . now im dying less , kill more , rank grow faster . also i have good headphones, as Badboy Mentioned . with them i can hear footsteps from far and i can know where the enemy exactly are. even a good cfg makes the game better ;)
^7WhatsMyName^1?
spyyy
Server Moderator

Postby vamelis » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:26 am

Hi SyED,

I'll have to try DX7 now that I've heard it again... and yes, good ping can rule a game... sometimes unfairly lol.

Hey spyyy,

Thanks... you guys and your headphones! I omitted reaction time because...you either have it or you don't hahaha.
vamelis
Donator

Postby Satour » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:30 am

I always run across the map, with a kark98 for fast killing, but always careful when out of breath it makes loud sounds and you get exposed.
I use scoped Enfield for long range more bullets means more killing and less dying.
Using grenades carefully because you have just 2 with sniper, and when you throw them high you give away your position.
In a 1vs1 or very close range, I use pistol because it's fast and to ensure that every bullet gets home.
Use grenades to get rid of campers.
By watching good players you get a good glimpse of their techniques, for example by watching "dm|veteran" I figured that for every camping spot he had figured a certain spot to through a grenade safely with a specific posture.
I am still not good with hearing sounds, still figuring it out maybe bad headphones ...
I am a bad player because I just play for the adrenaline rush, I don't check before going into open spaces, which if done would avoid me getting killed as much, but every one has a style and that's mine.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Satour

Postby Artorias » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:56 pm

Hey y'all, 5.16 kill/death ratio checking in. These are the few things I've found to be the most important in this game.

1. Turn up your sound. There's so much important information in the audio queues in this game, mainly footsteps and the sound grenades make when they land on the ground.

2. Never stay in the area where you spawned. The spawn engine in this game is really dumb, and hanging around the spawn room is how you get yourself spawn camped.

3. The iron sights on most weapons are NOT actually where the bullet will land. For instance, on the Kar98 and M1, you have to aim very slightly above the point you want to hit.

4. If someone is on the other side of a wall from you and there's no ceiling in the way, throw a nade more or less directly upwards towards them. It will fall on their side of the wall and explode a split second after it hits the ground.

5. Your sensitivity is probably too high.

6. Learn how to shoot while jumping/running. Most people won't fire back accurately at a moving target.

7. Use the lean buttons. Most people I see on this server just walk out into the open to shoot instead of staying behind cover and leaning out when they want to take shots.

8. Turn your graphics settings down as low as they will go and cap your framerate at 125, 250, or 333. The engine in this game is a little forgiving in extrapolating your position at these framerates, which effectively makes you jump higher than at default settings.
Artorias
Donator

Postby Pvt.Pantzov » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:06 am

just to point out a funny quirk between you guys and myself:

I usually keep the sound quite low, often barely audible. the sacrifice that I give up in being able to hear footsteps is made up for by not being as heavily immersed in the game (and thus, more calm and disconnected). to each his own I suppose.

as for the other advice from the above posters, I am pretty much inline with it.
Pvt.Pantzov
Server Moderator

Return to Discussion