Muted?

Having problems? Noticed a bug? Need to contact admin? Do it here.

Muted?

Postby Fuzzy Dunlop » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:36 pm

Here's a weird thing. Today when I was playing, I could not chat. If I typed 't' it gave me the prompt to speak, but when I tried to type a message, nothing was printed. After a while I saw someone else speak, so it seemed like it could be done, but I could not do it.
Any clue?

Thanks,
Fuzzy
Fuzzy Dunlop
Donator

Re: Muted?

Postby Terminator » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:28 pm

Sorry Fuzzy, Seems that an admin mistakenly muted you, and he unmuted you after discovering his mistake.
|KinG|Cpt.Terminator
Terminator

Postby Fuzzy Dunlop » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:17 am

I am outraged! My First Amendment rights have been trampled on! I will sue!
Uh...just kidding.

I don't think there was an accidental muting. Talek and Steve were helping me and one of them muted me temporarily to see if unmuting me would solve the problem. It did not. I don't know what it was. After a while I discovered that I could type numbers and symbols into the chat, but not letters. The letter keys worked fine for commands in the game, though. After banging on every key for a while, it fixed itself. Very weird and almost certainly some quirk of my system for which I am sorry to have bothered everyone with.

The lesson I take away is a confirmation that the admins on these servers are the best!
Fuzzy Dunlop
Donator

Postby Terminator » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:32 am

I saw that Steve had muted you, and since he was offline I couldn't ask him about the problem, which is why I thought it was a mistake.
You are welcome to ask for any help you need and thank you for your kind words.
|KinG|Cpt.Terminator
Terminator

Return to Support