Unable to RESET In-Game Password

Having problems? Noticed a bug? Need to contact admin? Do it here.

Unable to RESET In-Game Password

Postby Pale » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:51 am

Hi admins
I recently started playing cod2 again. I then decided to register on the King-clan forum website with the username that I have been using in game - Pale (formerly Pale Rider). That all went well and I have a new password on the forums through the password reset.
However, this does not translate across to my in-game Name and Password.
I enter Pale and the new account password, but I get an incorrect password error. I click on the Rest tab and enter my account email, but I don't receive a "Reset In-Game Password" email.
I browsed the forums, and have followed one thread's advice - I checked my kingbot folder and the config_mp.cfg file - I found my username (Pale) there and my new account password (with which I can access the forum), yet I am unable to log into the game server with these details entered.
Can an admin provide some assistance please?
Thanks in advance
Pale
Pale

Re: Unable to RESET In-Game Password

Postby Terminator » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:39 am

Hi Pale,
The forum and the servers are two separate things. To reset your game account password, you must use the reset tab in the game. But the email address you used to sign up for the forum is different from the email you have associated with your game account.
If you wrote the address you use here on the forum in the reset tab, you will never receive an email.
|KinG|Cpt.Terminator
Terminator

Postby Pale » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:05 am

Thanks Terminator
That certainly explains why my attempts to reset the game account password (using the email I logged onto the forum with) doesn't work! Thank you for that very clear explanation.
I have checked two other email addresses that I have used regularly - I have not received any reset password message there either, so my game account email is obviously not either of those.
To resolve this frustrating situation, what would you recommend?
Is it possible that you could email me (my forum email will reach me) the actual email address that is associated with my game account? I should be able to take it from there.
Thanks once more.
Pale
Pale

Postby Terminator » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:15 am

Please check your private messages inbox on the forum
Attachments
xCapture.JPG
xCapture.JPG (60.58 KiB) Viewed 4129 times
|KinG|Cpt.Terminator
Terminator

Return to Support