Ping all over the place

Having problems? Noticed a bug? Need to contact admin? Do it here.

Ping all over the place

Postby joshtwells » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:53 pm

Over the past month, I've been really struggling to play a game without interruption. I keep getting the 'connection missing' (something like that) message when playing, often for less than a second, but repeatedly. When I press tab to see the leaderboard, my ping varies between 31 and 999.

When I asked about it in the game, I was advised it was because the servers were busy, but it's never affected me before. I have tried playing the game at different times of the day to see if that made any difference - it didn't. I've also tried playing when no one else was using the internet at home, and that didn't make a difference either.

My internet package hasn't changed but we have had a new wireless hub fitted about two months ago. I seem able to stream and do all my other stuff without issue though, so I don't think it's that.

Anyone got any thoughts/ suggestions?
joshtwells

Re: Ping all over the place

Postby Terminator » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:52 pm

We haven't had a high number of complaints about ping issues , servers seem to be fine.
Personally, I am very far from the servers and the hardware I use is not modern enough, but I do not have this kind of problem.
Unfortunately, we can't help you too much as the problem seems to be at your end.
|KinG|Cpt.Terminator
Terminator

Re: Ping all over the place

Postby joshtwells » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:16 pm

I thought that might be the case. I'm going to reinstall the game to see if that helps (I don't imagine it will). After that, I'll probably contact my ISP to see if something is wrong.

Thanks anyway!
joshtwells

Return to Support