Automatic renaming

Having problems? Noticed a bug? Need to contact admin? Do it here.

Automatic renaming

Postby TAKEAKI » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:23 pm

Greetings and congratulations.

My question is this:

For some time, every time I connect to the server of COD2, my name is Kingclan fan xxx, and the number changes each time I connect. I like to keep my name. What should I do?
TAKEAKI

Re: Automatic renaming

Postby SyED » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:48 pm

Go to COD 2 main Menu,Open MultiPlayer Option - go to Player Name, type your new name and Done.
if you want to change name while u playing open console by pressing tlide key(~)and type /name TAKEAKI
u can bind a key to change name anytime use this in console /bind j name TAKEAKI (now whenever you are playing game just by pressing J you can change name)
if you want to add color in name use symbol ^ after symbol 0-9 numbers.
done. ;)
SyED
Server Moderator

Postby BadBoy » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:54 pm

Should be worth mentioning - you should change your name BEFORE joining a server so that it will save the name for next time you launch. Changing your name AFTER you enter a server will reset your name after relaunch.
BadBoy
Site Admin

Postby TAKEAKI » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:21 pm

Done. Thanks for help and greetings from Spain ;)
TAKEAKI

Postby iznogod » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:11 pm

BadBoy wrote:Should be worth mentioning - you should change your name BEFORE joining a server so that it will save the name for next time you launch. Changing your name AFTER you enter a server will reset your name after relaunch.

Bit more detail on this:
If you join a server with a mod, your fs_game gets set. In case of king-clan, it gets set to kingbot (you can see a kingbot directory inside your cod2 folder). If you change your name after fs_game is set, it is stored in cod2/fs_game/players/yourname/config_mp.cfg. If you change your name before fs_game is set, it is stored in cod2/main/players/yourname/config_mp.cfg.

When you start cod2+connect to a server, only the file in main is executed. I consider this a client-side bug, but as this is a 10 year old game we just have to deal with it.

tl;dr start cod2 normally, change name, close cod2. Then connect to serv.
iznogod
Server Moderator

Return to Support