Maps

Do you have an idea that will improve the community/servers? Let us know!

Maps

Postby RomanGod » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:05 pm

Hey, I am a new user. Also probably one of the better players in Cod2, look around for me in the server!

Just a thought:

Admins, would you ever consider custom maps in the server? I could see why new maps could pose a problem -- the remaining pool of Cod2 players is not exactly large to begin with, and adding maps to be downloaded could be annoying. However, I think it would make the servers even more popular as well. The stock maps are fine, but custom maps can be fun.

I mapped for several prior Cod2 servers, including G14 and current NL.Zombies, and still have a variety of custom-made maps available to use on any server. Admins, if you would like, I could show you what they look like, and we could go from there as to whether or not they should be implemented on the servers!

Thanks.

-RG
RomanGod

Re: Maps

Postby BadBoy » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:22 pm

Custom maps is something we might do in the future. Especially since I can increase the download speed to 20kb p/s now.

There are a couple of problems though - We can't add maps to the bot servers due to their waypoint system. This means we can only add maps to the All Weapons servers.

If we were to add maps to the All Weapons servers - their size would need to be smaller than average due to the 20kb p/s download speeds.
BadBoy
Site Admin

Postby RomanGod » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:16 am

What is the minimum size map that would be allowed? Would you be willing to use maps that have been submitted to you?
RomanGod

Postby BadBoy » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:45 am

There is no minimum size, so long as it can sufficiently hold enough players without it turning into a complete spawnkill fest.

As for maximum size - 2-3mb.

Yes I do take submitted maps on board.
BadBoy
Site Admin

Postby RomanGod » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:26 am

Okay. I'll look through the maps I have and send them over to you.
RomanGod

Return to Suggestions