Ranking system

Do you have an idea that will improve the community/servers? Let us know!

Ranking system

Postby Talek » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:21 pm

Hello everyone,

First of all, I would like to thank all the admins and BadBoy for a great job. I am happy that this server is still maintained and new things are being added. I really like the new maps and registration with email verification is a great idea. BadBoy can be proud to have one of the best servers ever on COD2. For many people this game is one of the best multiplayer games ever released and we are happy to come back, play and have fun with friends on king-clan servers! Thank you! :-)

Then to the point. I have a suggestion regarding to the ranking system. Of course, I know that a lot of time has been invested in new maps and new menu, but I would like to ask, if it is possible to add new ranks to the ranking system. As far as I remember, now ranking system works up to level 80, when you reach the rank of general and the rank is no longer improving. My suggestion is that it would be a good idea to add new ranks for levels 100, 200, 300, 400, 500 in the future and possibly add one special for the top 20 players. Ranking system is a great motivation for players in many online FPS games, so I think it's not a bad idea. I am a beginner programmer myself, but I have no idea how hard it is to add ranks to the current ranking system and whether this is possible at all. If new ranks were added, it is another thing that players would like to come back to and conquer other milestones.

Thank you very much for any feedback or answer! ^_^
|KinG|Sgt.Talek
Talek

Re: Ranking system

Postby |KinG|X-X » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:51 pm

nice suggestion! possibly even make it 250 500 750 1000 since we have some players with ranks up in 700's
|KinG|X-X
Server Moderator

Re: Ranking system

Postby BadBoy » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:59 am

Are you talking about the rank icon?

That goes up to 55, not 80.

Also it's not possible to add more images, there is an engine limit of around 12 different images that can be displayed on the scoreboard.
BadBoy
Site Admin

Ranking system

Postby Talek » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:55 am

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. I knew it wouldn't be that easy.

Anyway thank you for the quick answer! :-)
|KinG|Sgt.Talek
Talek

Return to Suggestions