How to keep new players on the servers

Do you have an idea that will improve the community/servers? Let us know!

How to keep new players on the servers

Postby Extraterrestrial » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:52 pm

Hey, I noticed that many new players, while downloading a new map, get discouraged and leave the server. They do not want to wait for the map to download, see the long waiting times. I think that the ideal solution would be to include a link to the new maps in the return e-mail after setting up the account, stating where the new maps should be placed.
Extraterrestrial
Server Moderator

Re: How to keep new players on the servers

Postby Terminator » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:02 pm

On the forum, it's easy to find the downlaod location. maybe in game we should add an announcement repated by the server about the downlaod link.
Thank you for the suggestion.
|KinG|Cpt.Terminator
Terminator

Postby Extraterrestrial » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:49 pm

I think, many players don't know about forum. Server annoucement also in my opinion is insufficent, because players they don't noticed it- for example usually they ask how can I have hat. If there was a information in the email, every new player would know about it, and I think downloading maps quickly is the most important thing for new players.
Extraterrestrial
Server Moderator

Postby Terminator » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:29 pm

I agree, but most of the players do not associate a valid email adress to their acounts...
|KinG|Cpt.Terminator
Terminator

Postby Mad Scientist » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:43 am

I agree with ET about new players leaving due to long download time. But I think Email is not gonna work (people usually don't check their mailbox). I think if an announcement is going to be shown repeatedly, it should be highlighted with big fonts or colors so players might take it more seriously.
Mad Scientist
Donator

Postby Extraterrestrial » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:21 pm

I didn't remember exactly how as I was creating my account. I thought that to activate the account you need to open a fedback e mail and click on the activation link. So Termi idea looks the best, about server annoucement. I think server information can't be highlighted with big fonts or colors. It will be too insistent and impede the game.
Extraterrestrial
Server Moderator

Postby Mad Scientist » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:31 am

Well at least it should be easier to spot than normal announcement because i have seen multiple players complaining about all these maps and how long they should wait for the download. It was just a suggestion I really don't know if that works.
Mad Scientist
Donator

Return to Suggestions