password reset

Do you have an idea that will improve the community/servers? Let us know!

password reset

Postby SyED » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:47 am

seeing sometime user came and say they forgot password ,they provide username and get password back.
some players maybe use same username as in game login.so maybe someone lie and get other password.
there should be some verification for resetting password like secret question,email,etc...
also while creating account on server should be required a valid email to verify before new account this way would be possible if someone create new account on same email.
SyED
Server Moderator

Re: password reset

Postby BadBoy » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:20 am

The issue is there are already 200k+ accounts that do not have a recovery question/email. If I were to add it now while giving existing accounts the option to update their details - I run the risk of allowing accounts already stolen being forever claimed by those who stole it.

That being said - the database records extra details such as player guid, last ip, country location etc. So when a player on here asks for their password, it's easy for me to verify them personally. The chances of someone lieing to me and getting away with it are low.

Lastly, we've an engine limit related to menus. Due to this it's difficult for us to add more to our current menus without removing some. This is why the admin cp menu has been taking so long to finish.

We got this error after hitting 128 menuDefs
UI_AddMenu: Maximum number of menus 128 exceeded.
BadBoy
Site Admin

Re: password reset

Postby SyED » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:17 am

thx for info, i thought it might be easy.
SyED
Server Moderator

Return to Suggestions