weapon drop

Noticed someone abusing? Cheating? Breaking rules? Vent here.

weapon drop

Postby Pvt.Pantzov » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:22 am

sometimes when you try to pick up a dropped weapon, it disappears, even if it was only recently dropped.
Pvt.Pantzov
Server Moderator

Re: weapon drop

Postby BadBoy » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:26 am

It will currently disappear after 15 seconds or if 15 weapons have been dropped since.

How long did it take to disappear and was there lots of kills happening?
BadBoy
Site Admin

Postby Pvt.Pantzov » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:28 am

it's happened several times and it disappears as soon as i try to pick it up, with varying amounts of time since the drop. the incident that i mentioned above happened on caranten DM so most likely there were many kills happening at the time.
Pvt.Pantzov
Server Moderator

Postby BadBoy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:42 am

It is also possible that the weapon you tried to pickup was the same as your current weapon. If so then it would have disappeared and you will gain its ammo.
BadBoy
Site Admin

Postby Pvt.Pantzov » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:10 am

heh heh, i'm assuming you asked that because you're just trying to eliminate all possibilities, but no...

btw, this reminded me to tell you that it did it last night while i was playing. in fact, i laughed at one point on carentan because i was in a cluster of them and i was out of ammo and kept killing them by bash and trying to pick up their weapons and three times in a row, the weapon that was just dropped by the bot i killed immediately vanished as soon as i tried to pick it up. i discovered something else as well: when it happens, it only happens with weapons dropped by the bots. i have yet to experience it from a dropped weapon of a live player.

surely some other players on the server must have noticed this so i'm hoping that eventually some of them will post about it here in the forum, which will add some credibility to my account.

also, normally i wouldn't be complaining about this. i would just accept it as a bug, but you did specifically ask us to mention if we noticed anything strange with the mod.
Pvt.Pantzov
Server Moderator

Return to Complaints