Connection Interrupted

Having problems? Noticed a bug? Need to contact admin? Do it here.

Connection Interrupted

Postby Mac Deezy » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:57 am

Hey Guys,

About every ten minutes playing multiplayer, I get "Connection Interrupted" that does not resolve itself and requires me to leave game and re-enter. It's not my internet, as no other game I play has this issue. Anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks
Mac Deezy

Re: Connection Interrupted

Postby HomerS » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:48 am

a) What is your ping?
b) Which server are you playing on?
c) Where are you playing from?

The answers to those questions MIGHT provide some clues.
HomerS
Server Moderator

Postby Mac Deezy » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:41 pm

Ping ranges from about 50 to 150. I am playing from California, USA. I have played on all 3 of the King Bots servers (both version 1.0 client and 1.3 client). It has happened on other servers as well.
Mac Deezy

Postby HomerS » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:30 pm

I play from California also, northern California, and I don't have this problem. I use a wired connection to my router. It might be that if you use a wifi connection, your neighbors' signals are interfering with yours and intermintantly breaking the connection. Other games might allow a longer disconnect time, not requiring an exit then re-entrance. However, I am just speculating.

Next troubleshooting questions:
a) Do you use a wired connection or wifi?
b) If you use wifi, are you using the 2.4 GHz signal or the 5 GHz signal?

2.4 GHz has a longer range, but there are only a few different channels that can easily be interfered with by neighbors' wifi. If you are using 2.4GHz, switch to 5 GHz if your computer is close enough to your router. It should be if you are using a decent router not more than 5 years old. If you cannot use 5 GHz, install a wifi analyzer app on your phone and look for a channel that your neighbors are not using, then switch the router to that channel. Actually, install the wifi analyzer app in any case and make sure that nobody else is using the same 5 GHz channel (there are many 5 GHz channels so that chances of that are small).
HomerS
Server Moderator

Postby Mac Deezy » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:59 pm

I'm on a wired broadband connection, it's really fast. Can confirm it happens on other servers too, but no issues on World of Warcraft, Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer, or any of my other games. I really don't think it has to do with my connection. Maybe Punkbuster? But that shouldn't be an issue because I have a legitimate copy that I bought on Steam.
Mac Deezy

Postby HomerS » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:13 am

I am stumped. The only thing left that I can think of is the OS. Windows 7 could be the problem, but it sounds like you are up to date with everything else and most probably are running Windows 10.
HomerS
Server Moderator

Postby BadBoy » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:04 am

While playing the game, can you open cmd and type this command;

ping 162.208.48.92 /t

It should ping the server and return the time it took to respond.

After you experience the disconnection issue, can you check if CMD shows any packet loss.
BadBoy
Site Admin

Return to Support