Erratic ping during the game

Having problems? Noticed a bug? Need to contact admin? Do it here.

Erratic ping during the game

Postby joshtwells » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:16 pm

I have been playing this game for years and recently I've been having a lot of trouble.

I live in the UK, so mostly play on the EU servers because I have a lower ping on there than say the US and Oceanic servers, but the past week or so, my ping on the EU server has been really high to the point that the game is unbearable. But it's not constant, for like a minute or two I got up to 700 ping then back down to about 50 ping again for a few minutes.

My internet package hasn't changed (unlimited fibre broadband) and through wifi I am averaging 72 mbps.

I've never had this issue before, so I just wonder whether it is me or whether other people are experiencing this as well?
joshtwells

Re: Erratic ping during the game

Postby Terminator » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:33 pm

I play in Eur servers for hours, everyday, and never experienced ping issues. Its not a problem related to servers. Maybe u made some changes to graphic settings or maxfps or maybe also another program installed in your computer is downloading or uploading data (antivirus or smthg).
Try to run msconfig, go to services tab, hide windows services and desactivate the rest, and see if it affects your ping in game.
Try also to use a good antivirus and make a scan for the entire computer, most of trojan affect the connection
|KinG|Cpt.Terminator
Terminator

Postby joshtwells » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:49 pm

I've gone through my settings and chopped a lot of things out. It worked okay for a short time but went back to hitting a high ping (around 400). I don't know what else to try?
joshtwells

Postby Terminator » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:05 am

Which Antivirus are you using?
|KinG|Cpt.Terminator
Terminator

Postby BadBoy » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:00 pm

I have performed some maintenance and moved the downloads back to github (dl.king-clan.com/filthyfreak.github.io).

Hopefully you notice an improvement. Let us know.
BadBoy
Site Admin

Postby joshtwells » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:13 pm

Hi both, I'm using ESET Nod 32 antivirus. Since you made the changes BadBoy, things seem to have calmed down. I was having trouble logging in the other day, so I'll give that a go now! Thanks guys
joshtwells

Return to Support