Anti homophobic and sexist action on servers.

The hub for everything related to |KinG| and our servers.

Anti homophobic and sexist action on servers.

Postby Extraterrestrial » Sat May 16, 2020 11:56 am

Hi, a lots of players use word gay and girl to name for example campers, noobs, spawnkillers. I have no idea what is conection between shooting gamers and homophobia and sexist ( or maybe using this words in homophobic and sexist contecst, without thinking about it). I konw that girls don't interested games like guys, and if they play first time will be noobs, but I know few girls who are amazing players and they are interested with shooting games. About gay I don't have any idea, why he is worst player? Because some of gays have some girl's traits? It's no sense. I goning to add colors to my nickname (half in pink- symbol of girls and yellow- symbol of happines like in previous time was meaning adjective gay). Also I add inormation- Gay and girl aren't insult. Be respectfull. Who want join in action, let change colours in Nickname to pink and yellow and in the end of nickname add word respect, for about 1 week. Maybe I going to have change nick a little longer. Best regards.
Extraterrestrial
Server Moderator

Re: Anti homophobic and sexist action on servers.

Postby Extraterrestrial » Sat May 16, 2020 6:16 pm

This action is promote not using this words in contecst of insulting and inspire to think, why I use this words, and I think is ok?
Extraterrestrial
Server Moderator

Postby Terminator » Sat May 16, 2020 6:54 pm

Good Luck ET !
|KinG|Cpt.Terminator
Terminator

Postby HomerS » Sat May 16, 2020 8:10 pm

Good for you ET. I applaud your intentions. I think it is most often young teenagers who behave this way. We need to teach them that everybody deserves respect, no matter their race, ethnicity, country of origin, religion, sexual orientation, or anything else they are born into. We should not condone anybody being insulted here for any of these things. We want everybody to feel welcome on these servers. That keeps people happy, and helps keep our servers populated with more people and less bots. I believe that just about every culture teaches the Golden Rule: Treat others the way you yourself want to be treated.
HomerS
Server Moderator

Postby Extraterrestrial » Mon May 18, 2020 3:04 pm

Thank you for understanding. Use this words in stereotypical contecst, can be
unconscionable for some people. I know this is far away from real homophoby and sexist, but have bad overtone.
Extraterrestrial
Server Moderator

Postby Fuzzy Dunlop » Sun May 24, 2020 1:05 pm

Just want to say that I appreciate what HomerS says here. There are a few idiots, but it's not as bad as I have seen elsewhere. Not having to listen tot too much of that stuff keeps me coming back.
Fuzzy Dunlop
Donator

Postby willy » Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:25 am

I just wanted to express how much I value what HomerS has to say. It's not as awful as I've seen elsewhere, but there are a few idiots here and there. I keep returning because I don't have to listen to that garbage all the time.i work as a furniture.
willy

Postby Fuzzy Dunlop » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:13 pm

Trying to delete this comment but can;'t see how!
Fuzzy Dunlop
Donator

Postby Terminator » Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:33 pm

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:Trying to delete this comment but can;'t see how!

What's the comment you want to remove?
|KinG|Cpt.Terminator
Terminator

Postby Fuzzy Dunlop » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:53 pm

The one that says "Trying to delete this comment but can;'t see how!" :). I responded to this thread and then realized that I already had done so. I tried to delete my duplicate response but could not see how so I replaced it with that.

But I guess I should again that one of my main reasons for staying on these servers is the low number of jerks and the willingness of the mods to address boorish behavior when it arises. Great job guys! (Since it's a new year, I should probably donate again!)
Fuzzy Dunlop
Donator

Next

Return to Discussion