So You Want to Get a Wallhacker Banned (or Aimbotter)

The hub for everything related to |KinG| and our servers.

So You Want to Get a Wallhacker Banned (or Aimbotter)

Postby Terminator » Mon May 25, 2020 3:14 pm

This text was written by Homer S. And I found it useful to be shared on the forum:
To get a wallhacker banned (or an aimbotter), What you need to do is record a Cod2 demo video and make it available to the members for review. This is necessary because many players mistake skill for wallhacking, and we must be very sure that someone is guilty before we ban them from the server. A demo video is created using the Cod2 app itself and is viewed with the same exact resolution and frame rate that you see when you are playing the game. Available methods for recording You Tube videos usually have a much lower resolution and frame rate, making it difficult to see what is really going on. These You Tube videos are usually insufficient to make a reliable evaluation.

You Will Need to Create Binds to Start and Stop Recording the Demo Video
Demos can be recorded using commands on the console. The console usually appears when you hit the tilde key (~) which is located at the upper left corner of the keyboard just below the Esc key, to the left of the 1, ! key, and just above the Tab key. The command to start recording is simply “record” and the command to stop recording is simply “stoprecord”. So, typing ~record will start the recording. The problem is that for security purposes, the PotW server has the console disabled while in-game. So, in order to start and and stop recording while in-game you have to create what is called a bind for each of those commands. A bind is simply a key that you assign to a console command so that pressing that key while in-game will execute that console command.

You are familiar with most of the typical Cod2 binds. For example, the binds for moving forward, backward, left and right default to w, s, a, d. You can change these if you like by selecting Options, Controls, Move from the main Cod2 screen. Another way to change or add binds is to modify a text file in your Cod2 game folder. The filespec for this file is C:\Program Files\CallOfDuty2\main\players\(your profile name)\config_mp.cfg. If you installed your game in a different folder than C:\Program Files\ then look there and the game folder may be called Cod2 instead of CallOfDuty2. You have a different folder in the \players\ folder for each profile that you have created for yourself, and each of those folders has a different config_mp.cfg file. (your profile name) is a folder with the name of your profile instead of (your profile name). Modifying the text file is the only way to add the record and stoprecord binds.

Some people bind the F1 and F2 keys to the record and stoprecord commands, others, like me, bind F5 and F6, but you can bind whichever keys you wish. Just make sure not to select a key that has some other important use, like w, s, a, or d. All you need to do is open the config_mp.cfg file with any text file editor such as Notepad or Wordpad. Doubleclicking the file will often open the file in one of these two applications. You will see a bunch of lines in the text file that look like

bind A "+moveleft"
bind B "+binoculars"
bind C "gocrouch"
bind D "+back"

Add the lines
bind F5 "record"
bind F6 "stoprecord"

Save the file, and it is done.

Record and Play Back Your Demo Video
Now when you are playing, simply press F5 and the recording will begin. At the lower left of the screen you will see something like “RECORDING demo0005: 18k” which tells you the filename, in this case it would be demo0005.dm_1, that contains the current recording and the current size of the file. Press F6 and the recording will stop. The file is located in the folder

C:\Program Files\CallOfDuty2\main\kingbot\demos\

or, for Windows 7,

C:\Users\[your Windows user account name]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\kingbot\demos.

At this point you might want to change the filename to make it easier to remember that it shows the player FredFlintstone wallhacking, so change it to FredFlintstoneWallHack.dm_1.

To play back the demo from the console, navigate to the main Cod2 screen, and type
~demo FredFlintsoneWallHack

and wait about 10 seconds for Cod2 to set up the playback. Be patient and it will begin. Note that as soon as you type the first F, all the demo files beginning with F will be shown to make it easier to type the correct filename.

Upload Your Demo Video File to a File Sharing Service
Now you have to make the demo file available to the rest of the members. You can use one of the file sharing websites, such as http://www.SendSpace.com, to do this (there are many other such websites). In SendSpace, just drag the file from Windows Explorer or some other file manager into the box that says Drag files here or click browse to upload. Or you can browse to the file like it says. When the file file completes uploading, a web page will appear, providing the Download Link and the Delete File Link. Copy the Download Link into your Request Ban forum post. Copy the Delete File Link somewhere to your computer if you are going to want to later delete the file from the SendSpace servers. When you navigate to the webpage referred to by the SendSpace link containing your file, there are several buttons that say “Download”. Don’t use those. They are for downloading other software that SendSpace would like you to use. Use the button that says “Click here to start download from sendspace”.

Instead of uploading to a file sharing service, you can upload the demo file to this website forum. There is an Upload Attachment button at the bottom of the topic posting textbox (next to the Options button). When you click the Upload Attachment button a Browse button will appear which will allow you to navigate to your demo file. If you do not see the Upload Attachment, you are probably in Quick Reply mode (replying to an existing thread), click the Full Editor button (located next to the submit button).

What Should You Record?
Now that you know how to record, play, and upload a demo file, you need to know WHAT to record. While in-game, go to spec, click the mouse until you are looking through the eyes of the offending player, then start recording. Do not top recording until you have seen several instances that others watching the video might use to conclude that the player is wallhacking. You will have the highest probability of success in convincing others if you have at least several minutes of video. If after recording for several minutes you have not seen any such incidents, then stop recording and start again. You can delete the first .dm_1 file containing that video from your folder.

Request the Ban
Now that you have your video uploaded to the file sharing service, how do you request the ban? This is the easy part. Just create a new topic in the complaint forum with the name of the offending player. Include in the post all relevant information regarding what you saw, and paste in the link to the demo file. This will start a dialog between the members, at some point resulting in a decision. If the video is sufficiently convincing, that will decision will be for an immediate ban. However, most often the decision will be to continue watching the player until more people are convinced of his guilt or innocence, but your video will be the catalyst for that dialog.

To have more help about recording players, please read this thread:
https://king-clan.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6261

Best regards
|KinG|Cpt.Terminator
Terminator

Re: So You Want to Get a Wallhacker Banned (or Aimbotter)

Postby HomerS » Mon May 25, 2020 6:54 pm

:) :) :)
HomerS
Server Moderator

Postby Talek » Mon May 25, 2020 7:03 pm

This is an absolutely perfect guide for our players and for others, good job and thank you, Homer!
|KinG|Sgt.Talek
Talek

Postby HomerS » Mon May 25, 2020 8:26 pm

Thanks Talek, this is 1 of the 6 lessons for training admins on the PotW server.
HomerS
Server Moderator

Postby Terminator » Mon May 25, 2020 8:55 pm

HomerS wrote:Thanks Talek, this is 1 of the 6 lessons for training admins on the PotW server.

Thank you for sharing the guide Homer.
I shared it for the community members who want to be helpful, and to give them an idea about how we are dealing with cheaters.
For anyone who could read this thread, I want to tell them that we are recording for wallhackers and we only ban after an obvious record or a record which has been reviewed by 2 or 3 other admins to gather more opinions (when the guy is pro at hiding it).
There is therefore no need:
1- To keep the pressure on the admins to instantly ban anyone suspected by the players of using Wallhack (we have the possibility to ban a player even after he leaves the game). Also we have our golden rule: when we doubt we don't ban, but we keep folowing the player for days until we have our proof.
2- To continue calling for cheat even when the admin is in spect and recording because sure the guy will turn off the cheat and we won't be able to record, so we won't ban.
3- To call vote kick/ban when the admin is recording because the guy will be banned/kicked and he will come again later with cheats.
Aimbotters are so easy to spot and we have to ban them quickly before many players get bored and start to quit the game, but we do record for ranked players using aimbot, as experience has shown us that in most cases, they simply deny that they were cheating.
A good example is what is currently happening with Shino axa (sure some of you saw his chat), a rank 300 player who we have banned for using aimbot, and who keeps coming back using new accounts to say in the game chat that we have banned him without reason:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W-GXSW ... sp=sharing
|KinG|Cpt.Terminator
Terminator

Postby |KinG|X-X » Tue May 26, 2020 10:36 am

Very accurate and absolute descriptions of our actions. I don't know...maybe we should not share these secrets. ;D
|KinG|X-X
Server Moderator

Postby newuser27 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:09 pm

Hello,
I tried to record a video while in spectator mode to see if it will work, but I can't record.
Either by binding a key or typing in record in the console, there is no recording.
I was in Version 1.3 when I tried this, running the game in 64-bit Windows 7. Is there anything
that can prevent me from recording that's not covered in the instructions above?
newuser27
Donator

Postby Terminator » Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:37 pm

newuser27 wrote:Hello,
I tried to record a video while in spectator mode to see if it will work, but I can't record.
Either by binding a key or typing in record in the console, there is no recording.
I was in Version 1.3 when I tried this, running the game in 64-bit Windows 7. Is there anything
that can prevent me from recording that's not covered in the instructions above?

Hi,
For more details on recording using the console, please read this topic:
https://king-clan.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6261

I saw you last night trying to record, but it looks like you made a mistake:
xCapture.JPG
xCapture.JPG (16.08 KiB) Viewed 12905 times

All commands written to the console must begin with "/", so you should have written: /record and /stoprecord.

When recording starts, you will see a notification in the lower left corner:
CoD2MP_s 2020-12-16 17-28-44-82.jpg
CoD2MP_s 2020-12-16 17-28-44-82.jpg (50.48 KiB) Viewed 12905 times
|KinG|Cpt.Terminator
Terminator

Return to Discussion