Nightshift map crashes

The hub for everything related to |KinG| and our servers.

Nightshift map crashes

Postby Fuzzy Dunlop » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:22 pm

This may be just me, but the Nightshift map constantly crashes my game. The map doesn't come around often so it's only mildly annoying but I can't figure it out. It may have something to do with the fact that I play on an ancient MacBook Pro, but it's odd because, it's the only map that does it. Is anybody else experiencing this?

While I'm at it, can admins change spawn points? On one map (I can't remember the name suddenly) one team spawn behind a bunch of crates in the corner of the map. The spawn point doesn't change so that If the other team pins you down there, the entire game is one long spawn-killing session.
Fuzzy Dunlop
Donator

Re: Nightshift map crashes

Postby Terminator » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:46 am

Hi Fuzzy!
Sorry mate, but it looks like the old laptop is causing the map to crash, also maybe because you're running high spec settings not supported by that old gfx card.
About the map with spawn problem, it's mp_draguignan, we tried to change the spawns there, but each time a team is stuck somewhere.
We will try again and see if this will be fixed.
Before the fix, people got stuck in the building, we moved 2 spawn points to the area behind the boxes:
https://king-clan.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6721
|KinG|Cpt.Terminator
Terminator

Postby Fuzzy Dunlop » Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:01 pm

Thanks, Termi. I figured that's what the problem was. In order to run COD I have to use an old MacOS, so I kept the old laptop just for COD. It's just the one map, so no big deal. If it gets worse I'll have to break down and by my first Windows box in 30 years.
As to mp_draguignan, apart from the spawn problem, I like the map.
Fuzzy Dunlop
Donator

Postby Col. Klink » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:58 pm

Well, if we are changing spawn points, how about EVERY GoB Rats map...... :shock:
Col. Klink
Server Moderator

Postby Terminator » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:57 pm

Col. Klink wrote:Well, if we are changing spawn points, how about EVERY GoB Rats map...... :shock:

Sorry, there's nowhere to add new spawns or move them on rat maps :(
|KinG|Cpt.Terminator
Terminator

Postby Col. Klink » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:44 am

Come to think of it, I do remember BB saying something similar several years ago. ;)
Col. Klink
Server Moderator

Return to Discussion